Cisco® Remote Expert Mobile is a software-based solution that enable customers to integrate real-time voice and video communications with Expert Assist interactive collaboration experiences such as co-browse, annotation, and file share directly into customer-facing iOS and Android applications and websites. Remote Expert Mobile is part of the Cisco collaboration portfolio and seamlessly integrates with our customer care and unified communications products, incorporating capabilities such as expert routing, video in queue, video on hold, and Cisco Finesse® desktop integration. Remote Expert Mobile supports WebRTC-capable browsers without the need for additional plug-ins for video and voice. In the event you want to add support for non-WebRTC-capable browsers, a plug-in can be presented. Remote Expert Co-Browse is the co-browse/screen share capability of Remote Expert Mobile. It allows customers to integrate digital touch points into traditional deployments by enabling easy escalation to co-browse sessions. Seeing what the customer is seeing with co-browse helps agents guide customers efficiently and identify issues rapidly. On the customer side it reduces customer effort and improves customer satisfaction.
Expert Assist interactive customer collaboration experiences are as follows:
● Two-way voice, one- or two-way video selectable by customer
● Co-browsing of customer application or web screen visible to Remote Expert
● Remote Expert Co-Browse (meet-me) allows the addition of share capability to any existing contact center or unified communications deployment (mobile, public switched telephone network (PSTN), etc.)
● Meet-me and co-browsing standalone to add share capability to any call
● Application or web control by Remote Expert
● Remote Expert annotation and/or cursor spotlight
● Remote Expert joint form fill (sensitive data cells can be masked on the expert screen)
● Remote Expert can push files and URLs to customer
Cisco Remote Expert Mobile helps businesses and organizations deliver a connected digital experience, enabling them to deliver contextual, continuous, and capability-rich journeys for your customers, across time and channels.
Businesses and organizations today deploy multiple customer care channels to interface with their customers for everything from basic account servicing to troubleshooting to general selling. Many organizations recognize that their application and website channels are becoming increasingly important to reach their business objectives. For some industries, such as financial services, mobile application channels are quickly becoming the customer’s channel of choice. However, the growth in these channels has started to create a customer inflection point. Today, if a customer is browsing your website and is interested in a product or service but needs to talk with someone for additional advice, he or she will have to change channels or devices, typically calling into a customer service center for help and having to start their journey all over again. Increasingly, organizations are researching ways to connect a customer’s journey from one channel to another. This is commonly referred to as omnichannel.
Remote Expert Mobile empowers organizations to enable real-time engagement directly in their application and website channels, making it easy for customers to interact with experts how, when, and where they choose. With Remote Expert Mobile, customers no longer have to leave one channel and begin again on another. Remote Expert Mobile harmonizes multiple channels into one connected experience that ultimately leads to improved business outcomes and customer loyalty.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Remote Expert Mobile 11.5
Expert Assist web and application software development kits (SDKs)
Enables integration of Expert Assist interactive collaboration into client applications and websites
● Two-way voice, one- or two-way video, customer selectable
● Customer application and web screen sharing (co-browsing)
● Meet-me/co-browsing standalone to add share capability to any customer care and unified communications call (mobile, public switched telephone network [PSTN], etc.)
● Remote control of co-browsing
● Annotation and cursor spotlight
● Document push
Expert Assist SDK video options
● Remote Expert Mobile uses WebRTC standards-based video for supported browsers. If you want to support non-WebRTC browsers, a H.264 or VP8 video plug-in is provided and can be presented to the customer for download
● Video can be one-way (expert visible to customer) or two-way by customer opting in to enable their video
● Bandwidth check is performed to ensure video quality
● Video can also be made optional and present only an audio channel
Cisco Remote Expert Mobile Application Server orchestrates each individual session and helps ensure Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) interoperability, removing any signaling complexities
● HTTP to SIP signaling conversion
● HTTP secure socket through firewall and reverse proxy
● Establish and manage session collaboration capabilities, including voice and video
Cisco Remote Expert Media Broker resides at the network edge (DMZ) and helps ensure compatibility with customer-owned devices and enterprise devices
● Video transcoding includes VP8 to and from H.264
● Audio transcoding includes Opus HD to G.711 and G.711 to G.729
● Convert between client application Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and SIP-compatible RTP streams
● Translate Session Description Protocol (SDP) for enterprise use
● Network impairment handling (negative acknowledgment [NACK] and picture loss indication [PLI])
● Adaptive rate control (Remote Expert Mobile Media Broker [REMB] and Temporary Maximum Media Stream Bit Rate Request [TMMBR])
● Load balancing
● SRTP and serial tunnel (STUN) termination point
● Media port multiplexing
● Firefox version 28 and later, WebRTC support
● Chrome version 33 and later, WebRTC support
● Opera version 28 and later, WebRTC support
● Safari version 8 and later, requires plug-in for voice/video
● IE version 11(32/64 bit), requires plug-in for voice/video
Contact center integration
Cisco Remote Expert Mobile seamlessly integrates with all Cisco contact center platforms, enabling you to integrate traditional customer care experiences:
● Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Packaged Contact Center Enterprise (PCCE)
● Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution for Contact Center (HCS-CC)
● Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (CCX)
Cisco Finesse desktop integration
● Cisco Remote Expert Mobile includes a web gadget that enables simple integration with Cisco Finesse Agent Desktop
Expert Assist integration with Unified Communications Manager
● Web-based agent desktop for Remote Expert Mobile deployments with Cisco Unified Communications Manager only
Security and encryption
● HTTP(S) and SRTP
Audio and video conversation recording
● Remote Expert Mobile uses Cisco MediaSense and the media forking capability of Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) to record up to two video and two audio tracks per conversation. Video can be recorded up to 1080p resolution, and recorded video and audio tracks can be played back using MediaSense or exported to other systems
Platform Support, Compatibility, and Specifications
Consult the hardware and system software specifications for hardware and operating system requirements, for compatibility with other Cisco and third-party products, and for additional product specifications. For more information on Cisco Remote Expert Mobile, visit
This product is licensed by the number of concurrent sessions.
You can find warranty information on Cisco.com at the Product Warranties page.
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Home Page. To download software, visit the Cisco Software Center.
Cisco Remote Expert Mobile software is orderable by all authorized Cisco partners and will be placed into a New Product Hold upon ordering. To help ensure successful design, deployment, and operations of Remote Expert Mobile, a Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Authorized Technology Provider (ATP) designation is required for deployments based on UCCE or PCCE. The release of the New Product Hold, independent from the underlying platform (UCCE, PCCE, CCX, Unified Communications Manager), requires a minimum of two partner individuals to complete the one-day, free Cisco WebEx® delivered hands-on technical training. A list of partners who meet the above criteria can be found at https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/contactcenter/remote-expert.
Cisco ATP Partners
Cisco ATP partners have completed rigorous training and validation of their knowledge of Cisco contact center products and can offer customers some or all of the following capabilities:
● Planning, design, and implementation
● Product resale
● Professional services
● Postsales support
Information about Cisco UCCE ATP Partners is available at: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr11/atp/ucc_enterprise/index.html.
Cisco Developer Network Partners
The Cisco Developer Network program offers a formalized means for developers to certify value-added applications and solutions for use with this product. Information about Cisco Developer Network partners is available at https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For More Information
For more information, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/cc.