The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server delivers market-leading performance, versatility, and density without compromise for workloads ranging from web infrastructure to distributed databases.
The Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server can quickly deploy stateless physical and virtual workloads with the programmability provided by Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Intersight Managed Mode (IMM). Cisco Intersight is a cloud operations platform, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation. It consists of optional modular capabilities of advanced infrastructure and workload optimization.
The 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors offer up to 40 percent more performance with 43 percent more cores than the M5 generation. And 33 percent more memory - up to 8 TB of memory or, when combined with Intel Optane™ PMem, 12 TB – than the M5 generation. The Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server offers exceptional levels of performance, flexibility, and I/O throughput to run your applications.
● Do more with less by taking advantage of more CPU cores in 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors and faster memory performance
● Decrease server operating expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of blade servers
● Simplify administration of your server infrastructure with Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) management, freeing your IT staff to focus on mission-critical and value-added projects
● Automate rapid deployment with Cisco UCS Manager or Cisco Intersight™ Managed Mode for faster time to value
The Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server is the industry’s highest-density, most flexibly expandable modular 2-socket blade server. The B200 M6 offers:
● Up to two 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors (with up to 40 cores per socket)
◦ 32 DIMM slots (16 DIMMs per CPU socket)
◦ 3200 MHz DDR4 memory plus other speeds, depending on the CPU installed
◦ 32x DDR4 DIMMs for up to 8 TB of capacity using 256 GB DIMMs, or
◦ 16x DDR4 DIMMs + 16x Intel Optane persistent memory modules for up to 12 TB of memory
● Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1440 modular LAN on Motherboard (mLOM).
● Two mezzanine card adapters:
◦ One rear slot for VIC (Cisco UCS VIC 1480 or port expander)
◦ One front dedicated slot for a Cisco FlexStorage RAID controller, Cisco FlexStorage passthrough, or Cisco® M.2 RAID controller
● Up to two SATA/NVMe disk drives or up to four M.2 drives
For more information about the Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server, refer to the data sheet and spec sheet. For more information about all Cisco UCS servers, go to https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/computing/servers-unified-computing-systems/index.html.