The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS C220 M6 Rack Server is the most versatile general-purpose infrastructure and application server in the industry. This high-density, 1RU, 2-socket rack server delivers industry-leading performance and efficiency for a wide range of workloads, including virtualization, collaboration, and bare-metal applications. You can deploy the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System managed by Cisco Intersight, Cisco UCS Manager, or Intersight Managed Mode to take advantage of Cisco® standards-based unified computing innovations that can help reduce your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase your business agility.
The Cisco UCS C220 M6 Rack Server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS rack server portfolio. It incorporates the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors with more than 40 percent more cores per socket and 33 percent more memory versus the previous generation. These improvements deliver up to 40 percent more performance that will improve your application performance. The Cisco UCS C220 M6 Rack Server delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance.
● Do more with less by taking advantage of faster CPU cores in the 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors and faster memory performance
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of Cisco UCS® C220 M6 Rack Servers
● Simplify administration of your server infrastructure with Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) management, freeing your IT staff to focus on mission-critical and valueadded projects
● Automate rapid deployment with Cisco UCS Manager or Cisco Intersight™ Managed Mode for faster time to value
● Up to two 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (with up to 40 cores per socket)
◦ 32 DIMM slots (16 DIMMs per CPU socket)
◦ 3200 MHz DDR4 memory plus other speeds depending on the CPU installed.
◦ 32x DDR4 DIMMs for up to 4 TB of capacity using 128 GB DIMMs, or
◦ 16x DDR4 DIMMs + 16x Intel Optane™ persistent memory modules for up to 10 TB of memory
● Up to 3 PCIe 4.0 slots plus a modular LAN on Motherboard (mLOM) slot
● Support for Cisco UCS VIC 1400 Series adapters as well as third-party options
● Up to 10 SAS/SATA or NVMe disk drives
◦ RAID controller options available
● M.2 boot options
◦ Up to 960 GB with optional hardware RAID
● Up to two GPUs supported
For more information about the Cisco UCS C220 M6 Rack Server, refer to the data sheet and spec sheet.
For more information about all Cisco UCS servers, go to https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/computing/servers-unified-computing-systems/index.html.