The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS C245 M6 Rack Server is well suited for a wide range of storage and I/O-intensive applications such as big data analytics, databases, collaboration, virtualization, and server consolidation.
The Cisco UCS C245 M6 Rack Server uses 3rd Gen AMD EPYC CPUs for the most cores per socket. Combined with PCIe 4.0 for peripherals and 3200 MHz DDR4 memory, you have significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance.
You can deploy the Cisco UCS C-Series rack servers as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System with the Cisco Intersight™ Infrastructure Service cloud-based management platform. These computing innovations help reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase business agility.
These improvements deliver significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance. The Cisco UCS C245 M6 Rack Server delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance.
● Get industry-leading I/O speeds, with PCIe 4.0
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of M6 servers
● Reduce management complexity with Cisco Intersight Infrastructure Service
The Cisco UCS C245 M6 Rack Server is designed to deliver exceptional performance, expandability, and efficiency. It offers:
● One or two 3rd Gen AMD EPYC CPUs, with up to 64 cores per socket. Based on AMD Infinity Architecture, these processors deliver a full feature set across the entire CPU stack. You choose the core count and frequency; the memory capabilities, advanced security features, and I/O capacity are all included at no additional cost.
● For per-core, license-constrained applications, AMD EPYC high-frequency processors (EPYC 7xF3) give you industry-leading per-core performance so you can get ideal value from software licensing costs. MLN-057C
● For high-performance computing, AMD EPYC 7003 Series processors with AMD 3D V-Cache technology to deliver up to 768 MB L3 cache. AMD 3D V-Cache is built on AMD’s groundbreaking 3D Chiplet architecture and using 7-nm process technology.
● Up to 128 PCIe 4.0 lanes of I/O connectivity for faster data access
◦ 32 DIMM slots (16 DIMMs per CPU socket), 3200 MHZ DDR4
◦ Up to 8 TB of capacity
● Up to 24 Small-Form-Factor (SFF) front-loading hot-pluggable drives – NVMe/SAS/SATA – and up to four additional rear drives
● Up to eight PCIe 4.0 slots
● Support for Cisco UCS VIC 1400 Series and OCP 3.0 network cards
● RAID controller and GPU options available
● Internal dual M.2 drive options
For more information about the Cisco UCS C245 M6 Rack Server, refer to the data sheet or spec sheet. For more information about all Cisco UCS servers, please visit https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/computing/servers-unified-computing-systems/index.html.