The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS® C4200 Rack Server is Cisco’s densest computing solution, with up to four Cisco UCS C125 M5 Rack Server Nodes in four rack units of rack space. This density makes it ideal for the edge or in the data center for scale-out applications.
The C125 M5 rack server node contains AMD® EPYC™ processors, up to 1 TB of memory, and up to six SAS/SATA drives or four plus two NVMe drives. Additional SD or M.2 storage modules can be used as boot devices or additional storage. Fourth-generation Virtual Interface Cards (VICs) and an OCP 2.0 mezzanine slot offer exceptional levels of performance, flexibility, and I/O throughput to run your applications.
Cisco UCS C4200 Rack Servers are supported by the full suite of Cisco UCS management tools, including Cisco Intersight, or can operate as standalone servers. Cisco Intersight is a cloud-based management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and accelerate time to resolution.
● For applications that need more processors or cores per rack unit than is offered by Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers and other Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers, the C4200 rack server delivers four nodes in two rack units.
● Having more cores per socket delivers better application performance.
● No new management silos are created to support a new form factor. The C4200 works with Cisco Intersight™ for unified management or as a standalone with the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC). common also to Cisco UCS C-Series rack servers.
● More efficient use of power, cooling, and space in your data center. This provides savings and a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
The Cisco UCS C4200 Rack Server is the most dense server platform in the Cisco UCS product portfolio. With Cisco Intersight integration, you don’t have to change your processes, tools, or procedures to take advantage of this new form factor.
The Cisco UCS C4200 offers:
● Four Cisco UCS C125 M5 Rack Server Nodes in two rack units.
● Each server node contains:
◦ Up to two AMD EPYC CPUs (up to 64 cores per socket)
◦ 2666-MHz or 3200-MHz DDR4 memory depending upon CPU
◦ 16 DIMM slots (eight per CPU socket) for up to 1 TB of capacity
◦ Fourth-generation VICs
◦ Up to two PCIe 3.0 slots
◦ 24 SFF front-loading, hot-pluggable drives
◦ Six drives per C125 M5 server
◦ Up to two NVMe drives per C125 M5 server
◦ Flexible OCP 2.0 mezzanine slot
◦ Cisco 12G 9460-8i PCIe 12G SAS RAID controller
◦ Internal SD and M.2 boot options
For more information about the Cisco UCS C4200 rack server, the UCS C125 M5 rack server module, and all Cisco UCS servers, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs4200.