The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
What if you could make your virtual desktop infrastructure ready for the future starting today?
IT organizations have always been charged with enabling companies with the right technology and devices to help ensure staff productivity. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath, this charge has taken on new significance and responsibility. Workforces have become a hybrid of in-office and remote with both classes of workers needing to be as productive as if they were in the office. Never has there been a more complex or challenging balancing act between enabling workforce productivity with the need to ensure service performance, security, and operational profitability.
Your organization needs to be prepared for whatever comes next—a return to the office, a hybrid work arrangement, or a work-from-home directive. You need to be on top of changes in the deployment, usage, and management of technology infrastructure and endpoints and how they impact staff productivity. We offer future-ready virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) with an operating model that simplifies VDI configuration, deployment, management, and reconfiguration.
● Always available with a no-single-point-of-failure design
● Increased user productivity with a smooth user experience
● Cloud-managed so that your IT staff isn’t tied to the data center
● Future-ready infrastructure that can accommodate emerging technologies
We deliver the future-ready Cisco UCS® X-Series Modular System to support the deployment and management of virtual desktops and applications. Cisco UCS X-Series compute nodes meld the efficiency of a blade server and the flexibility of a rack server. It is the first system exclusively managed through Cisco Intersight™ software. This makes your virtual desktop infrastructure cloud-operated with complete hardware and software lifecycle management from a single interface, regardless of location. The key capabilities from our history of deploying virtual desktops have been carried forward into the Cisco UCS X-Series with Intersight.
● Availability. Virtual desktop infrastructure has to be always on and available at anytime, anywhere. Designed for high availability, the X-Series can sustain single failures and keep running. Cisco Intersight offers an always-on connection to the Cisco® Technical Assistance Center (TAC), constantly monitoring your environment to help identify configuration or operational issues before they become problems. As the number of users increases, you can easily scale and add new capabilities, without downtime.
● User productivity. Application access fuels user productivity. Support productivity with fast application deployment and upgrades, simplified application and desktop patching and management, and application migration support. Provision desktops instantly when new staff is hired.
● Flexible Design. VDI applications range from call-center workers (task users) accessing a few applications, to professionals (knowledge workers) accessing many applications, to power users accessing graphics-intensive applications. The X-Series is flexible enough to house a complete VDI solution within the chassis (depending on storage needs) or as part of converged infrastructure solutions such as FlexPod or FlashStack. We test and document these solutions in Cisco Validated Designs where every element is fully documented. The system can be purchased or paid for as it is used through Cisco Plus.
● Future ready. Cisco UCS X-Fabric technology is designed to accommodate new devices and interconnects as they become available, including the capability to extend the server’s PCIe connectivity to attach additional GPU accelerators for an even more compelling virtual desktop experience.
The Cisco UCS X-Series with Intersight is future-ready, foundational infrastructure that can support your virtual desktops and applications today and for years to come. With Cisco Intersight software you can simplify management of all of your locations—data center, remote office, branch office, industrial, and edge.