The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
ThousandEyes, the network intelligence SaaS platform, is now integrated into the Cisco Nexus® 9000 Series data center switches with Cisco® NX-OS / Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and being integrated into Cisco ACI fabrics. The Cisco ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent (TEA) allows users to run a variety of tests using global vantage points to monitor routing (BGP), DNS resolution, browser response characteristics, detailed aspects of network pathing and connectivity, the status of network routing, and VoIP streaming-connection quality.
The integration is across Cisco NX-OS10.2(x), and first supported in Cisco NX-OS 10.2(1) with Cisco DCNM Release 11.5(3).
The following use cases are supported:
● Data center to branches and cloud
◦ Measure bidirectional network throughput, performance, latency, and loss and evaluate network connections for specific applications
◦ Path visualization within the WAN and internet for data-center traffic going to branch offices and cloud
● Data-center interconnect
◦ Deploying the agent on the data center edge device (Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches) to communicate with other agents
◦ Path visualization, latency, loss, and jitter information within the IP network connecting two or more data centers
Cisco ThousandEyes Network Analytics support a wide variety of agents and tests. For this integration into Cisco Nexus 9000 switches, the main focus will be on WAN and internet monitoring, and application evaluation. All visualization of the test results will be achieved using the Cisco ThousandEyes dashboard.
Illustration of the use cases supported
If you are interested in installing enterprise agents on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches – ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent.
Additional information and resources are available at Cisco ThousandEyes, Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches, Cisco ACI, Cisco NX-OS, and Cisco DCNM.