Cisco® Unified Communications Manager is the heart of Cisco collaboration services, enabling session and call control for video, voice, messaging, mobility, instant messaging, and presence.
What if you could collaborate more effectively with customers and partners on any network? With any device? From anywhere? Cost-effectively, reliably, and securely? With Cisco Unified Communications Manager you can.
Today’s workplace challenges the collaboration environment in unprecedended ways. More mobile workers use more devices than ever before. Web and video conferencing intersect.
We are the industry leader in enterprise call and session management platforms, with more than 200,000 customers worldwide, and more than 85 million Cisco® IP Phones and tens of millions of soft clients deployed. Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the core of Cisco’s collaboration portfolio. It delivers people-centric user and administrative experiences while supporting the full range of collaboration services including video, voice, instant messaging and presence, messaging, and mobility on Cisco as well as third-party devices.
New with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 11.0
Table 1 lists major features in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 11.0.
Table 1. High-Level Features in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.0
Instant messaging and presence
● Ability to search Microsoft Active Directory groups and add the group to a roster for a Jabber® user connected to Cisco Unified Communications instant messaging and presence service
● Support for up to 20 synchronization agreements that will enable synchronization of multiple search bases
● Addition of performance counters to instant messaging and presence to improve the troubleshooting experience
● Troubleshooting utility to enable you to diagnose and analyze bottlenecks in managed file transfer
● Configuration of thresholds and alarms for managed file-transfer events
● NT LAN Manager Version 2 (NTLMv2) support for Cisco Unified Communications instant messaging and presence and Microsoft Exchange Calendar Integration
● Conference now interactive voice response (IVR) directory number, which enables both internal and external callers to join a conference
● Establishment of a conference by using a meeting number that is the same as the self-service user identification (ID)
● Ability for the administrator to configure the meeting number on the end user's page
● Support for efficient sharing of conferencing resources with ad hoc conferencing
● Ability for administrators to define emergency response locations and associate endpoints
● Provision of essential emergency call treatment for smaller customers
Media adaptation and resilience
● Support for configuration options for User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port ranges and differentiated-services-code-point (DSCP) marking, enabling new strategies for better use of bandwidth across the network
● Ability to configure quality-of-service (QoS) setting through the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller - Enterprise Module Software-Defined Networking Controller (APIC-EM SDN)
● Support for the variable-rate Opus audio codec for high quality and resiliency
● Next-generation encryption support that includes the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 and Advanced Encryption Standard 256 (AES-256) Rivest-Shamir Adelman (RSA)- and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm ECDSA-based cipher support for Session Initiation Protocol/Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SIP/SRTP) Interface
● Support for user account synchronization and authentication with any Lightweight Directory Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAPv3)-based directory
● Support for cluster-level certificate deletion for the certificates being replicated across the cluster
● Ability to delete unused phone loads through a GUI page to free disk space and reduce backup time and size
Cisco Prime™ Collaboration deployment
● Addition of Cisco Unified Communications manager nodes to expand the cluster through Cisco Prime Collaboration deployment
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Unified Communications Manager, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/unifiedcm or contact your local Cisco account representative.