The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Application Hosting on the Cisco Catalyst 9100 Access Points helps future-proof and simplify enterprise IoT deployments by eliminating the need to install and manage overlay networks. The solution takes advantage of containerized applications and USB IoT connectors to reduce cost and complexity. Adding Cisco® DNA Center provides workflows and deployment-wide application lifecycle management.
Reduced cost and complexity
Native Docker container support and IoT Connectors flexibility helps ensure interoperability with current and future technology standards. Docker containers make it easy to create, deploy, and run applications in any environment.
● Application hosting is the convergence of Wi-Fi and IoT into a single network, turning the Cisco Catalyst® access point into a powerful IoT platform that provides the connectivity layer for tags, devices, and more
● Application Hosting reduces overall total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for a physical IoT overlay network, which is both time-consuming and expensive
● Application Hosting supports a rich ecosystem of application partners, as the well as the flexibility to run custom applications. Cisco DNA Center simplifies the deployment and management of the application across the entire deployment
● Innovate faster - Cisco Catalyst 9100 Access Points have the ability to host Docker-style applications, which enables faster IoT rollouts. Choose from a rich ecosystem of IoT application partners or build and deploy your own application. With this flexibility, IT teams can realize faster and more scalable IoT deployments and quicker application installation
● Simplify management - Application Hosting with Cisco DNA Center provides comprehensive application lifecycle management, including guided workflows with site readiness and compatibility checks, application deployment status, map-based selection, and automated deployments. In addition to day-0 tools, Cisco DNA Center provides a centralized user interface for ongoing application status monitoring and the ability to update and edit applications
● Take control - Application Hosting on the Catalyst 9100 Access Points allows control of third-party applications and their data. Making use of the USB expansion port located on Catalyst 9100 Access Points provides connectivity and power for IoT Connectors, allowing organizations to deliver IoT services from a single integrated device
Find more information on the Cisco Catalyst 9100 Access Points.