The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
As traditional networking evolves to multicloud networking, enterprises are increasingly moving applications to the cloud. This strategy allows customers to scale globally, drive business agility, and benefit financially from the flexible consumption models of the cloud framework. Cloud networking gives IT the flexibility to deploy applications globally, without compromising performance and scale.
This change has brought about a whole new set of requirements for security, policy implementation, management, and more. Enterprises are faced with challenges such as management and operational complexities, inconsistent policy and security, disparate consumption models, and poor application experience. A Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) multicloud strategy, such as Cisco’s, addresses these challenges with a cloud-agnostic, normalized approach that provides scalability, automation, and agility while reducing operational costs.
To help you with your multicloud journey, Cisco offers Cisco® SDWAN Cloud OnRamp as part of our Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN solution. The goal of Cloud OnRamp is to simplify and automate the process of connecting on-premises environments to the cloud, and to help ensure that the customer experience and security are the same in the cloud as they are on-premises. Cloud OnRamp delivers unified policy across all major cloud providers, optimal application experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) optimization, and automated, cloud-agnostic branch connectivity with Cloud Interconnect.
Cloud-first journey with Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp
● Multicloud automation: Automate and operate an SD-WAN extension to the cloud directly from the branch through the internet or interconnect providers, or even via colocation environments with just a few clicks in Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN Manager and without the need to develop expertise for each cloud provider.
● Unified security: Extend consistent enterprise segmentation policy and help protect users, devices, and applications by deploying security on-premises or in a cloud-delivered Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture.
● Consumption flexibility: A consistent UI and workflow allow you to orchestrate and provision Cisco, cloud provider, and colocation networking resources on demand, for a unified experience across all clouds and on-premises locations.
● Optimal application experience: Achieve greater visibility between cloud and on-premises, with insights into application performance, allowing you to optimize the user experience for your customers and employees, both on-premises and with SaaS/cloud applications.
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp for Multicloud automates and seamlessly connects enterprise networks to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or the leading public clouds (e.g., Amazon Web Services [AWS], Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure) with site-to-cloud connectivity, allowing SD-WAN policy to be extended into the cloud infrastructure. Cloud OnRamp for Multicloud provides a simplified workflow with Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN Manager’s single-pane-of-glass automation, normalizing the user experience across different cloud provider networks and accelerating reachability to multicloud workloads.
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp for SaaS uses real-time analytics to steer users over an optimal path for seamless site-to-application performance, supporting 14 popular SaaS applications as well as direct internet access from branch sites and gateways at regional data centers. Using informed network routing and URL categorization, Cloud OnRamp delivers path optimization, deeper analytics with telemetry, and policy automation for Microsoft 365. Cloud OnRamp for SaaS also helps ensure optimal path selection for Cisco Webex® traffic, providing enhanced collaboration and video performance.
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect uses a cloud-agnostic backbone to provide site-to-site and site-to-multiple clouds connectivity. It automates on-demand connectivity between multiple sites and to the world’s leading cloud provider networks directly from your SD-WAN controller. Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Interconnect with Megaport or Equinix delivers reliable network performance while decreasing operational costs and complexity.
● Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub leverages a cloud service provider’s backbone to extend SD-WAN fabric from any site to cloud workloads (site-to-cloud) and simplifies provisioning for site-to-site connectivity. Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud automates provisioning, offers consumption-based pricing, and gives a high-performance network experience over Google Cloud’s extensive points of presence across the world. The Google Cloud integration also automates SD-WAN policy and optimizes the application experience for custom-built cloud applications based on network and service telemetry using Google Service Directory.
Cisco SD-WAN Cloud OnRamp Solutions
● Cloud OnRamp: cisco.com/go/onramp