The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
A multicloud world is inevitable. The complex architectures behind our most important applications present sincere challenges to the IT teams responsible for Wide Area Network (WAN) management. IT must balance consistent application delivery, optimize and troubleshoot cloud connectivity, and fortify the security of a highly distributed environment. The scattered nature of multiple infrastructures extending from WAN to cloud through different provider workflows makes it difficult to gain comprehensive visibility into applications and infrastructure, preventing failure resolution, risk management, and resource forecasting.
Cisco SD-WAN simplifies the transformation
Cisco SD-WAN is a cloud-delivered overlay WAN architecture connecting branches to data centers and multicloud environments through a single fabric and single pane of glass. Cisco SD-WAN helps ensure a predictable user experience for applications optimized for SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS connections. Comprehensive on-premises and cloud-based security protect against cyberthreats while enabling IT teams to accelerate the transition to a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture where and when it is needed. Analytics capabilities deliver the visibility and granular insights necessary to isolate fault domains and resolve issues promptly and deliver intelligent data analysis for planning and what-if scenarios. Cisco SD-WAN provides all of this and is, above all, simple to operate.
Don’t struggle with your move to multicloud: Only Cisco delivers a flexible and secure SD-WAN to make modern applications, migrations, and transformations simple.
Customers deploying Cisco SD-WAN have:
● 402% 5-year ROI
● 15.6 months to payback
● 39% lower total cost of operations
● 38% more efficient network management
● 167% more available bandwidth
● 71% more efficient help desk operations
● 38% savings in network infrastructure
● 94% reduction in unplanned downtime
● 77% reduction in network degradation
● $1.5 million additional revenue gained or protected
See more Cisco SD-WAN benefits here
Enhanced application experience
● Dynamic path selection that automatically steers critical applications around network problems
● Multiple hybrid active-active links for all scenarios
● Micro-segmentation and identity-based policy management drive consistent multidomain policy enforcement for a uniform user experience
● Monitor and validate the usability and performance of web applications, including SaaS and internally hosted apps, to optimize digital experiences for employees and internal systems
● Path analytics for Microsoft 365 to deliver greater visibility and a better user experience for Microsoft 365 applications.
● Complete integrated security with cloud-delivered SASE or on-premises model, depending on the business requirements compliance needs of your organization
● Fully integrated with cloud-delivered Cisco Umbrella, offering protection against security blind spots and cyberthreats
● Supports 3 rd party integration with widely popular cloud security providers such as Zscaler, Netskope and Cloudflare and security information and event management provider Splunk.
● Zero-trust foundation with authentication, encryption, and segmentation
● Web security, enterprise firewall, IPS, AMP next-generation antivirus, DNS layer enforcement, URL filtering, security policies based on username and usergroup identity, and SSL decryption proxy
Optimized for multicloud
● Enables SD-WAN to extend to major public cloud, cloud interconnect, and colocation providers with Cloud OnRamp
● Automatically selects the fastest, most reliable path for real-time optimized performance with Cisco Webex, Microsoft 365, Salesforce, other major SaaS applications, and custom applications
● Automated workflow integration for AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud
● Regionalized internet access using colocation facilities to quickly spin up new services and provide consistent policy for employees, partners, and guests across the WAN
● End-to-end encryption of traffic from branch to cloud through the Software-Defined Cloud Interconnect (SDCI) backbone of Megaport or Equinix
Visibility with proactive insight
● Extend visibility with the underlying SD-WAN fabric and into the cloud
● Correlate telemetry, establish benchmarks, and provide insights, transforming network operations to a highly proactive model
● Lower the Mean Time to Identification (MTTI) of issues with fast root cause isolation
● Provide hop-by-hop analytics to quickly troubleshoot issues and decrease overall Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
● Native integration with Cisco vAnalytics and Cisco ThousandEyes
● Highly visualized interface and intuitive user experience for simplified configuration, management, operation, and monitoring across SD-WAN fabric
● Pre-configured templates automate and expedite the deployment of most common use cases
● Guided step-by-step configuration designed to intelligently expedite onboarding of new devices
● Full integration of unified communications, multicloud, and security into SD-WAN
● Scalable and simplified SD-WAN deployment across regions with Cisco SD-WAN Multi-Region Fabric
The most widely deployed SD-WAN
● Cisco boasts large deployments in all major sectors, such as retail, healthcare, financial services, and energy, and is the most widely deployed SD-WAN across the Fortune 2000, with deployments in 70% of Fortune 100 enterprises
● Thousands of production sites in every major industry
● Rich analytics with benchmarking data across the industry
● Deployed in PCI- and HIPAA-compliant industry sectors
Flexible and scalable SD-WAN architecture for Intent-based Networking
How do you deploy Cisco SD-WAN?
● Deployed in virtual, cloud, or physical form factors with full cloud management
● In-house IT or managed service
● Pricing is based on hardware and annual subscription licenses
Consider Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela) for advanced routing and flexible deployment scenarios: https://cisco.com/go/sdwan.
Learn more about SD-WAN security: https://cisco.com/go/sdwansecurity.
Consider Cisco SD-WAN (Meraki) for lean IT environments: https://meraki.cisco.com/sd-wan.
Cisco’s SD-WAN Advise and Implement Service will accelerate your deployment success.