This document describes the steps required to configure in Meeting Chat for Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) interoperability with Skype for Business.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- CMS general configuration
- CMS Application Programing Interface (API)
The information in this document is based on CMS version 3.2.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, ensure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
Step 1. Create a new CallProfile via API.
- Access CMS via Webadmin and navigate to Configuration/API/v1/CallProfile.
- Create a new CallProfile and modify the next parameter as shown in the image:
Note: The chatAllowed parameter has the next options available to be configured: true, false and unset.
Step 2. Assign the CallProfile to the space.
- Open the Webadmin and navigate to Configuration/api/v1/coSpaces.
- Select the space required to assign the CallProfile created in Step 1.
Note: If parameter chatAllowed is configured to unset then chat must not be displayed or must be grayed out.
Verify if the configuration is applied successfully.
- Start a call to the space where the CallProfile is assigned and send messages to users in the conference.
- If all configuration is correct, messages must be displayed in the Skype for Bussiness side as shown in the image:
There is currently no specific troubleshooting information available for this configuration.