PDF(721.1 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(698.3 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(544.2 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:June 19, 2019
The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
This document describes the steps needed to configure default domain name in Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (CCE). In addition, this documents explains how to create and enable supervisor for multiple Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) peripheral gateway (PG) in CCE environment in a non-signle sign-on (SSO) solution.
Contributed by Anuj Bhatia, Cisco TAC Engineer.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (CCE)
Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
The information used in the document is based on UCCE solution 12.0(1) version.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, ensure that you understand the potential impact of any step.
UCCE 12.X solution in a non-SSO environment allows supervisors to log in with user name, there is no restriction on UserPrincipalName (UPN) or samAccountName (SAM) account format. The solution acheives this setup by the addition of a default domain name option where you can choose the domain, and when supervisor logs in with username, CCE attaches the global domain name to the user name as needed.
This enhancement is also helpfull for scenarios where supervisor sign in for multiple PGs (tradionally they would require to sign in with UPN formatted usernames).
Required steps to configure the same is highlighted in the configure section
Step 1. Set global domain
1. Log in to the administrator server (AW) with a CCE setup rights user.
2. Launch the System Information tool from Configuration manager > Miscellaneous Tools section.
3. Select the domain from the Default domain name field and save it.
4. To confirm the change run the stated query against the AW database and examine the User_Group table for the domain name and where it is stored.
select Domainname, * from User_Group where UserGroupID=1
Step 2. Create a supervisor
1. Launch the Agent Explorer from Configuration manager tool and create a new agent.
2. Promote the agent to supervisor level. Check the Supervisor checkbox. At this point, the tool validates the presence of agent_one in active directory.
If there are no errors the user configuration with username is saved.
3. At this stage agent_one can log in into Finesse , CUIC and CCEAdmin page just with the username.
Step 3. Create a supervisor for the same person on another peripheral.
1. Open the agent explorer via configuration manager tool and change the peripheral pulldown to a different CUCM PG server, as an example in this case cucm_pg2 peripheral is used.
2. Select Add Agent and then do Select Person.
3. Choose the same agent agent_one from the list and press OK.
4. Select the supervisor checkbox and save the record.
5. There are now 2 supervisors connected to the same person record.
6. Check the Agent and Person tables to confirm this assocation.
Supervisor with the same credentials are able to log in to finesse server of there respective peripheral's and monitor the desired teams.
There is currently no verification procedure available for this configuration.
There is currently no specific troubleshooting information available for this configuration.