This article shows you how to download
and install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on a
This article is ONLY applicable to the Cisco Small Business RV34x series routers, not Enterprise products.
AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. It not only provides Virtual
Private Network (VPN) access through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)
Exchange version2 (IKEv2) but also offers enhanced security through various built-in modules.
AnyConnect Software Version
Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
This toggled section provides details and tips for beginners.
Don't use Windows? Check these other articles out!
Applicable Devices | Software Version
AnyConnect client licenses allow the use of the AnyConnect desktop clients as well
as any of the AnyConnect mobile clients that are available. You will need a
client license to
download and use the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. A client license enables the VPN
sold in packs of 25 from partners like CDW or through your company's device procurement.
Want to know more about AnyConnect licensing? Here are some resources:
Open a web browser and navigate to the Cisco Software
In the search bar, start typing 'Anyconnect' and the options will appear. Select AnyConnect Secure
Mobility Client v4.x.
Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. Most users will select the AnyConnect Pre-Deployment Package
The images in this article are for AnyConnect v4.10.x, which was latest version at the time of writing
If you purchased a license and you are unable to download AnyConnect, call Cisco Global Service Relations at +1 919-993-2724. Select option
2. You will need to know your Cisco ID (the one you use to log into Cisco.com) and the sales order
number when you call. They will get that situation all straightened out.
Navigate Windows File Explorer to the installer file. Double-click Setup.exe to initiate the
Check your Downloads folder to locate the AnyConnect files. Browser based downloads are often deposited
into the downloads folder on your device on windows. The path to the file often resembles
C:\Users\[Your User ID]\Downloads with the C:/ referring to your devices storage drive.
A pop-up window may ask for permissions, in this case, select Yes. If your pop-up asks if
you are sure you want to run this software, select Run.
Check the check boxes for the modules that you need to install.
- Core & VPN - Includes AnyConnect core client with VPN capability.
- Start Before Login - User sees the AnyConnect GUI logon dialog before the Windows logon dialog
- Network Access Manager - It is a client software that provides a secure Layer 2 network.
- VPN Posture (Hostscan) - Provides the client the ability to identify the operating system,
anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software installed on the host.
- AMP Enabler - It is used as a medium for deploying Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for
- Network Visibility Module - Collects rich flow context from an endpoint on or off premise and
provides visibility into network connected devices.
- Cloud Web Security - It is an endpoint component that routes HTTP traffic to a Cisco Cloud Web
Security scanning proxy.
- Umbrella Roaming Security - Provides DNS-layer security when no VPN is active.
- ISE Posture - It is similar to VPN Posture; performs a client-side evaluation.
- Select All - Selects all modules.
- Diagnostic and Reporting Tool - It is used to collect data for troubleshooting AnyConnect
installation and connection problems.
All modules will be installed by default unless you manually uncheck the boxes.
(Optional) Check the Lock Down Component Services check box if
the feature needs to be enabled. Enabling this feature will prevent users from disabling the Windows Web
In this example, Lock Down Component Services is not enabled.
Click Install Selected.
Carefully review the Supplemental End User License Agreement and then click
Conclusion and Next Steps after Installation
There you have it! You have now successfully installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
on your computer.
Wondering what the next steps are? Don't worry. If you need help configuring AnyConnect on your router, check
AnyConnect VPN Connectivity on the RV34x Series Router.
We want the best for our customers, so you have any comments or suggestions regarding this topic, please send
us an email to the Cisco Content Team.
By the way, once the configurations are complete on the router, you can view your connection on the lower
right-hand of your screen. Click the up arrow and hover over the AnyConnect icon to see the
The Anyconnect App can be downloaded from the Google Play store or the Apple store.