PDF(273.1 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(309.0 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(172.8 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 12, 2018
The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
VPN Configuration on SPA525G/SPA525G2 IP Phone
This document showcases the procedure for VPN configuration on the SPA525G/SPA525G2 IP Phones. The VPN can be used to connect securely from an offsite location to the onsite network.
• SPA 525G • SPA 525G2
Step 1. Press the Setup button on the phone. The Information and Settings menu appears.
Step 2. Use the navigation keys and scroll down to Network Configuration. Press the Select softkey. The Network Configuration menu appears.
Step 3. To configure VPN, with the VPN option selected press the Right Arrow navigation key. The VPN settings menu will open.
Step 4. The fields are explained as follows. Every field where characters are to be entered has option softkey and delChar softkey. The option softkey when pressed gives option for entering the type of characters like numbers,IP address, Star Code. delChar button can be pressed to delete a character.
• VPN Server — Enter the IP Address of the VPN server to be connected. Press the Down Arrow navigation key to get to next option.
• User Name — Enter the User Name that will be used to authenticate when getting connected to VPN server. Press the Down Arrow navigation key to get to next option.
• Password — Enter the Password that will be used to authenticate when getting connected to VPN server. Press the Down Arrow navigation key to get to next option.
• Tunnel Group — It is not typically required. If it is set for the VPN Server then enter the Tunnel Group. Press the Down Arrow navigation key to get to next option.
• Connect on Bootup — This can be enabled by pressing the Right Arrow navigation key. This will enable the phone to connect to VPN server whenever the phone is booted.
• Enable Connection — This will enable the connection.
Step 5. When configuration is complete, press the Back softkey to get back to the previous Network Configuration menu.